King Charles III Embarks on First Overseas Trip Amid Cancer Diagnosis – Hollywood Life

0
28





View gallery




Image Credit: Getty Images

King Charles III made his first abroad journey to the eightieth anniversary of World War II’s D-Day landings since he was recognized with most cancers in France on Thursday, June 6.

“How fortunate we were, and the entire free world, that a generation of men and women in the United Kingdom and other Allied nations did not flinch when the moment came to face that test,” the 75-year-old royal said in French to the Allied troopers who seized France that very same day in 1944 and led to their and Western Europe’s independence from Nazi, Germany.

His Royal Highness was accompanied by his spouse, Queen Camilla – wearing white –  French President Emmanuel Macron and France’s First Lady, his spouse, Brigitte Macron on the occasion in Normandy wearing his army apparel the place he continued to share, “On the beaches of Normandy, on the seas beyond, and in the skies overhead, our armed forces carried out their duty with a humbling sense of resolve and determination.”

In his ceremony speech, he paid homage to those that “never came home” and expressed that “our gratitude is unfailing and our admiration eternal.”

The King’s son, Prince William was additionally on the town – at Juno Beach –  to hitch Justin Trudeau – Canadian Prime Minister – in commemorating the Canadian troopers who had been a part of D-Day. “We continue to honor every Canadian, who gave so much, every Canadian family who lost a loved one…Thank you for our freedom.” He then mentioned in French, which has been translated to English, “Thank you for your service.”

This outing comes three months after the King was recognized with most cancers. In his assertion he famous, “I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes I have received in recent days… As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, such kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement.”

In addition, the King’s attendance got here amid the launched assertion that the Royal household wouldn’t be attending any public gatherings because of the overall election going down on July 4. As said by Buckingham Palace on May 22, “Following the Prime Minister’s [Rishi Sunak] statement this afternoon calling a general election, the royal family will —in accordance with normal procedure — postpone engagements that may appear to divert attention or distract from the election campaign…Their Majesties send their sincere apologies to any of those who may be affected as a result.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here